Homes for Sale in McKinney, TX - 5132 Evergreen Dr. McKinney, TX 75070
Homes for Sale in McKinney, TX
5132 Evergreen Dr.
McKinney, TX 75070
When looking at homes for sale in McKinney, TX or evaluating McKinney real estate, there are, obviously, thousands of things to consider. Let’s look at specifics for 5132 Evergreen Dr., a part of the Eldorado Heights subdivision.
5132 Evergreen Dr. sits in a fertile area of McKinney — near the junction of U.S. 75 (North Central Expressway) and Highway 121, or the Sam Rayburn Parkway, a convenient east-west thoroughfare that’s THE freeway of Far North Dallas. It connects McKinney, Allen, Frisco, and Plano residents with Lewisville, Flower Mound, Coppell, Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville, and the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport. Heck, follow this yellow brick road all the way to Arlington to watch the Dallas Cowboys and Texas Rangers play.
A few things that characterize 5132 Evergreen Dr. is:
• Starting close to home, Winniford Park is a 16-acre, quaint neighborhood park that has a first-come-first serve picnic shelter, a barrier-free play structure, a multi-purpose court, two-and-a-half-acre ponds with fishing, hike and bike trails, and an open turf for athletics.
• Just to the north is E.A. Randles Park, a 30-acre neighborhood park at Johnson Elementary. It, too, has a first-come-first serve picnic shelter, a barrier-free play structure, swings, a baseball/softball backstop on on athletic field, multi-purpose courts, open turf areas for soccer, and a hike and bike trail.
• Johnson Elementary, Evans Middle School, and McKinney High School a part of the McKinney Independent School District that has 26 of 27 campuses ranked “exemplary” or recognized by the Texas Education Agency.
5132 Evergreen Dr. is also right smack in the middle of many luxury homes for sale in McKinney and with location comes amenities, including:
• To the north is the Stonebridge Country Club, a Club Corp. property that features two distinctive clubhouses and award-winning golf courses, tennis courts, swimming pools, and more. Avid Golfer magazine noted that Stonebridge Country Club is a Best Country Club/Mid-Priced category and a Best Value, which will certainly attract the attention of people looking at McKinney, TX homes for sale and evaluating luxury real estate in McKinney.
• To the north east is the Eldorado Country Club, which features a luscious, sprawling 18-hole golf course, tennis courts, swimming pool, fitness club, and dining.
• Just around the corner from Eldorado is the Towne Lake Recreation Area, a 108-acre park that is across from McKinney High School. Town Lake features two picnic shelters with electrical outlets, two sand volleyball courts, nine horseshoe pitches, two barrier-free play structures, a fishing pier, paddle boats and dock, a 1.2 mile hike and bike trail. Oh, yeah, there’s a 22-acre lake with two fountains and an 18-hole disk golf course.
• If this isn’t enough, next to Towne Lake is the Wilson Creek Softball and Baseball Complex, which features six fields, bullpens, dugouts, restrooms, screens, and is open year-round.
• A bit further down the road is the Al Ruschhaupt Soccer Complex — and youth soccer is a big deal in North Texas. Parents looking for houses for sale in McKinney and investigating McKinney real estate with kids who play soccer are often surprised to find a 96-acres complex with five lit regulation-size soccer fields and fields for lacrosse, cricket and football. The complex also features a hike and bike trail, concession stands, restrooms, picnic shelters, a spa (water) pad to keep the little kids amused, an amphitheater, and wheelchair accessibility.
• A bit further away to the south and west is the infamous Tournament Players Club at Craig Ranch, a premier Texas private club “built for the pros, played by you.” Craig Ranch features 233 acres of countryside within a gated wellness and lifestyle community. Opened in 2004, the TPC at Craig Ranch has been named one of the 10 best golf courses in Texas by Golf Digest (2011) and is one of only two courses in the DFW area certified as an Audubon Cooperative System. Oh, yeah, the par-72, 7,438-yard course was designed by golfing legend Tom Weiskopf.
• While technically not in McKinney, but just south of 5132 Evergreen Dr. are the Allen Premium Outlets, a popular outlet mall that features everything from Coach, to Michael Kors, to Nike and Under Armour.
To give people looking at homes for sale in McKinney or evaluating McKinney real estate, here’s some context and perspective about the area:
McKinney Facts and Figures
• McKinney was named the #1 Best Places to Live in America by Money Magazine in 2014 for cities with populations between 50,000 and 300,000. Money editors and writers examine data about employment, schools, crime and safety, houses for sale in McKinney and real estate diversity, and overall quality of life when determining the rankings.
• McKinney ranked No. 14, then No. 5, and No. 2 in the every-other-year rankings before assuming the No. 1 position, so McKinney’s growth has certainly taken off in the past decade and has caught the interest of people outside the area looking for new homes in McKinney.
• As far as homes for sale in McKinney and McKinney’s overall real estate picture, the city ranked in the Best Cities for Homeownership in 2014, according to NerdWallet.
McKinney’s Population Growth
McKinney’s growth has exploded over the past 20 years.
• 1990 census: total population was 21,283 (15,302 18 years old and above)
• 2000 census: total population was 54,369 (37,542 18 years old and above)
• 2010 census: total population was 131,117 (89,211 18 years old and above)
• Population estimate as of January 1, 2016 is 161,905.
• • Weather Facts
• The average temperature is: 65.7 degrees F.
• The annual average high temperature is: 96 degrees.
• The annual average low temperature is: 33 degrees.
• The annual average precipitation is 33.2 inches.
• The annual average snowfall is 2.7 inches.
• Total hospital beds in McKinney: 403.
• Total medical doctors in McKinney: 1,320.
• Hospitals: Baylor Medical Center at McKinney, Medical Center of McKinney, Methodist McKinney Hospital.
• Parks: 42
• Area Lakes: 1
• Country Clubs: 3
• Health Centers: 3
• Public Golf Courses: 3
• (Non-movie) Theaters: 1
• Tennis Courts: 13
• Bed & Breakfasts: 4
• Hotel & Motel Rooms: 1,086
• Libraries: 3
• Elementary Schools: 20 (11,544 enrollment)
• Middle/Jr. High School: 5 (5,738)
• High School: 3 (7,414)
• Alternative Schools: 3 (73)
• Private Schools: 4 (1,207)
• Collin College: 52,000
• Vocational Programs and State Industrial Job Training available.
Other McKinney Home: Homes for Sale in McKinney, TX - 3508 Elk Run Rd. McKinney, TX 75070